Díaz-Canel: "Venezuela has never been a threat"
The Cuban leader Miguel Diaz Canel-Bermúdez said today on his Twitter account that "Venezuela has never been a threat to any people in the world."
Then the president repudiated "the decision of the US government to extend for one year the executive order that qualifies Venezuela as an 'unusual and extraordinary' threat against US security."
#Venezuela jamás ha sido una amenaza para ningún pueblo del mundo. Repudiamos la decisión del gobierno de los #EEUU de extender por un año la orden ejecutiva que califica a Venezuela de amenaza «inusual y extraordinaria» contra la seguridad estadounidense #ManosFueraDeVenezuela pic.twitter.com/qRXyMD7iNf— Miguel Díaz-Canel Bermúdez (@DiazCanelB) 7 de marzo de 2019
These statements on the extension of one year of the executive order, the government of the island had already made them last month, when through a statement the Minrex said: "Other attempts should not be forgotten, such as the 2002 military coup and the 2003 oil coup, the aggressive Executive Order of the United States that qualifies Venezuela as "an unusual and extraordinary threat to national security and foreign policy" of the superpower, the unilateral coercive measures, the call for a military coup against the Constitutional Government of Venezuela, the warning of the President of the United States to use "a possible military option" and the assassination attempt on August 4 against President Maduro. "
However, on Tuesday, the government of Donald Trump extended the declaration of "national emergency" on Venezuela adopted in 2015 by President Barack Obama.
Through a statement, the White House reported that the decision was made because the Venezuelan situation has not improved "and continue to present an unusual and extraordinary threat to national security and US foreign policy."